Tuesday 29 October 2013

Poem "Child of mine"

Child of mine how I love you
How I miss you
Not a day passes by when I don’t think of you;
Your smile; your laughter; your cry; your sad moments and even your angry flashes I miss them all.
How I wish I can have such moments again, to see you smile, laugh, share a joke or two with you, telling a story, the many stories we often told each other.The questions you always ask the whys?
Child of mine, how I miss you
Oh, why!  Oh why! Did you have to go, so abruptly, not a word, no goodbyes said. Taken in such haste from me;
Was I not a good mother to you, did I not love you enough? These are questions I ask myself.   I know I was, I loved you so much and still do even more than ever.
I remember the day you were born as though it was yesterday, a happy time; the first time I held you in my arms;
The first time I placed you on my breast;
Your first cry; your first laugh, your first word; your first step; your first fall your first anxious moment and your first day at school.
I remember them all
How I miss you, all I have of you now are just memories, which I hang on to, to comfort me and take away the pain I feel in my heart.
Broken hearts can be mended, tears will stop, but you will always be my precious gem, a beloved child never to be forgotten.
I thank God for giving you to me and for the time I have had with you, to nurture you.
I release you to the Almighty God. Go in peace and find rest in the bosom of God, child of mine.
Dedicated to all parents who have lost a child (ren)
By Catherine Sekwalor
October 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment