Thursday 18 July 2013

Life at NMCM (2)

Lloyd, Lloyd you are so special
Rough diamond, and so very special
You give me grey hairs
You wait for no man, time to go you say!
You say, we shall see if Hudson picks you up with big smiles and laughter
I feel I have known you all my life
You tease me. Hudson has no fuel! So you are stuck with me whether you like it or not! What can the woman from England say? Nothing
Meanwhile Hudson has abandoned me and gone off to the Ministry for Health leaving me in the hands of my dear Lloyd.
Mr. Joseph, can’t help, we are short of cars, no fuel only Lloyd has fuel he tells me
Lloyd’s laughter is heard through the corridors of the NMCM building
Meanwhile my grey hairs multiplying tenfolds, no Hudson to rescue me
Thank you Lloyd what will I do without you?
Always there to rescue me

Catherine Sekwalor
11/7/13
NMCM, Lilongwe, Malawi

No comments:

Post a Comment