Thursday 6 June 2013

Arrived in Malawi


welcome to Malawi


I arrived in Malawi a day later than team Malawi. Why you may all ask yourselves! I missed my flight!!! Yes you heard right, I missed my flight to Malawi.  Stuck in traffic on my way to the airport so arrived late to check-in, however,  I was allowed to board the plane with my hand luggage, and my suitcases would follow on.  Hugges and kisses all round, until I saw the queue to passport control and security, I realized it would take a miracle to get on the plane on time, and today, God was not dishing out miracles!!  

I was stuck in security, meanwhile team Malawi had checked in and was waiting to board. My cabin luggage was held back in security in a long queue, awaiting security clearance. Finally, it was my turn to go through security interrogation, by this time Team Malawi had taken off and was up in the air and away!

My case was open in front of me, only to discover that I had four bottles of my best and most expensive perfumes in my cabin luggage!!!!  The security man kindly  put them in a plastic bag and handed them back to me.I couldn't believe what had just happened to me, only myself to blame.  I forgot I had them in my case, my ideal hiding place has just cost me my flight to Malawi. 

To find out more tune in to my next installment. 

Thank you those of you who have generously given to VSO cause. 
Those who haven't yet please give
Love  Catherine xx



No comments:

Post a Comment